Any Home or Business can quickly become infested with mold with the introduction of a water source, like a roof or plumbing leak, mold can spread throughout a property in as little as 48 to 72 hours and can produce allergens and irritants that have the potential to cause other health effects.
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can startÂ the damaging process in as little as 48 hours consider theÂ following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic; they float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, A/C heating systems or even enter indoors on your clothing or pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture, they can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water, and these colonies may produce toxins harmful to humans and pets.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem area.
- Even higher than normal indoor humidity can support mold growth, keep indoor humidity below 45%.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â